Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ATF Gigs
 After The Fire Forums : ATF Gigs
Subject Topic: Kingston Gig Reviews Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Banksy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 26 March 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote Banksy

The ATF Focus Group rides again!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about our latest
show last Saturday (24/03/2012)...

Edited by Banksy - 26 March 2012 at 2:46pm
Back to Top View Banksy's Profile Search for other posts by Banksy

Zippy
ATF VIP
ATF VIP

Posted: 26 March 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote Zippy

Ooops I put it on the other feed, will copy it!

http://www.aidtf.org/shop/
Back to Top View Zippy's Profile Search for other posts by Zippy

Zippy
ATF VIP
ATF VIP

Posted: 26 March 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote Zippy

Well, what can I say, the ATF Kingston gig on Saturday 24th March was mega fantastic. It seems a life time waiting for this gig! Always a great gig when the audience are jumping around to good music. From what I could see (and I was in the middle of the dance floor) everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Was a great atmosphere. AND I heard the Moog being used live for the first time since 1982..... woooooooooooooooooo (R2D2 did a great solo in Laser Love! )

I will post some videos for you all to see, once I have uploaded them to my YouTube account (www.youtube.co.uk/user/zippyatf ). I have done one today which is Laser Love http://youtu.be/VTiRT8GFSKQ

Set list: - (Thunderbirds theme) 1980f, Sometimes, High Fashion, Time To Think, Let it Go & You (Rob songs), One Rule, Dancing In The Shadows, Der Kommissar, Billy Billy, Wild West Show, Laser Love, Life In The City, medley of 2 songs, Starflight and Check It Out. Encore:- Joy, Carry Me Home.

Thank you to all the people who took part in making it possible for the gig to go ahead. Julian Lewrey (promoter, managing (& selling ATF vinyls!), Michael Grimes (promoter), Martin Hughes (lighting), Joe (mixing), JP (for sound and sexy voice (and great hugs!!)), Paul Crease (helping put the gear together (& tea!).

Thank you too all the fans who attended and made it really worth it for the band to rock their socks off! (Especially Seagull (Tim Nevell) who flew over from Germany for the gig), Richard Dickins for the photography (and driving us on another ATF Trek), Julie Hanks, Sharpies for travelling from Cambridge, my friend Andy, who I have known for 10 years and who was an ATF virgin (can I say that! ) and really enjoyed it.

Big hugs & love to the band. Peter Banks, John Russell, Tim Turner, Rob Halligan and Ian Niblo. Who dispite having normal jobs took the time to travel, rehearse and perform for us on Saturday. They are stars .I feel that the audience response made it worthwhile.

Thanks to Blackheart (Chrissy and Rick) the support act, who I think were fantastic. Hope to see them again soon. Check out their website.

To all of you at the gig who bought merchandise, thank you soooo much, you helped raise £110.00 for St.Raphaels Hospice. Thanks to Julie and Andy for helping me sell the merchandise.

Also, sympathies to anyone trying to get home via Junction 8 of the M25, because it was closed !

Love and hugs to all my ATF family Zippy xxxxxx

Seagull
ATF VIP
ATF VIP

Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:19pm | IP Logged Quote Seagull

Banksy wrote:
The ATF Focus Group rides again!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about our latest
show last Saturday (24/03/2012)...
Is it criticism you want, as well as us all saying how much we enjoyed it? I've written a bit on FB, but if you REALLY want me to nit pick...well, let's see...

Maybe tape over your Moog plug or whatever, so you don't have to keep doing a gorilla act during "Joy"  (was the best version I've heard for a long time!)

Maybe there's still a place for a word monitor for Rob. Oh, and don't let him have too many guitar cables either

I was waiting for "Wild West Show" before I went to the loo. I could have done with it earlier in the set list

"Joy" was great as an encore, but with respect, I feel "Carry me Home" was not a good choice. I know there was a hitch, but it did seem an anti climax - not quite ATF...

Other initiatives worked well especially the double switch in "Starflight"-"C.I.O"- "Starflight".

But all in all, most enjoyable, and I thought you were all very well on form musically. Thanks!

dominion
Roadie
Roadie

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged Quote dominion

Sorry but in all honesty I was not happy with the gig or the set for the following reason.

The songs are all so good,it's really priceless for me on a personal level, to hear them played live.Because the set is so good it whizzes by far too fast and before you know it its time to go home.This is NOT good.

I've thought long and hard about how to remedy this problem.

Maybe play half of each song at half tempo to make the gig seem longer is what I've come up with but I'm sure that Pete and the band would welcome any other constructive advice in connection with this most important matter. 

Love you all and lovely,as always,to see you all.....especially Mike nice to finally have a long atf chat with you.

Back to Top View dominion's Profile Search for other posts by dominion

Seagull
ATF VIP
ATF VIP

Posted: 30 March 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote Seagull

Let's face it Dom, it was the 0-0 football score that put you out of sorts!

Also, they say life goes by faster as you get older. You are obviously far too ancient for ATF!

So, glad you enjoyed it

Take care, mate. Thanks for the pint ^^^^

Zippy
ATF VIP
ATF VIP

Posted: 31 March 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote Zippy

Here here Mr Dom !

I thought the gig was great (apart from few hic cups). Was great to hear and see them live again.

Was Mike1stGear there? I didn't meet him

Can't believe you allowed Seagull to fly home drunk!!

Love and hugs Zippy xxxx

dominion
Roadie
Roadie

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote dominion

Zippy wrote:

Here here Mr Dom !

I thought the gig was great (apart from few hic cups). Was great to hear and see them live again.

Was Mike1stGear there? I didn't meet him

Can't believe you allowed Seagull to fly home drunk!!

Love and hugs Zippy xxxx

dominion
Roadie
Roadie

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:22pm | IP Logged Quote dominion

Sorry ....don't know what happened there and consequently will avoid trying to quote people again...

Well I had a good chat with Mike.Surprised you didn't see him.

OK I admit the pint I got Tim was spiked with a few jaegermeisters but I wanted him to have a dual nationality drink ie a pint of English bitter and a german based spirit....to match his dual nationality.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Sharpies
Mega Friend
Mega Friend

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote Sharpies

Hello rockers!

Yes, the set certainly did whizz by... we thought it did hang together very well and didn't notice anything amiss apart from a few absent words.  We enjoyed it, many thanks everyone!  xx

Edited by Sharpies - 04 April 2012 at 10:36pm

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version