Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
ATF Chat
 After The Fire Forums : ATF Chat
Subject Topic: Homemade Der Kommisar remix question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
maddog1331

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 May 2005 at 5:35am | IP Logged Quote maddog1331

I was messing around with Der Kommisar awhile back and remixed it for my own enjoyment....do any of you guys know how I would contact the band or label to send it to them if they wanted it? 

Friends of mine that I let listen to it really liked it, it might be something other fans might enjoy.  But, since I don't own the song, it is not mine to distribute I reckon.  So anyway, I am wondering what to do with it ;) 

Any help would be appreciated!  I would like to share it with others who would enjoy it, but don't want to make any record label or band members angry.

Back to Top View maddog1331's Profile Search for other posts by maddog1331

Banksy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Banksy

Greetings!

Have too say this is a really tricky one! For a start the copyright of the recording belongs to Sony/CBS and not ATF. This means that Edsel licensed the recordings from Sony/CBS to release them on the recent double CD. Certainly the license fee was way beyond our means. Furthermore the song writing copyright resides with Warners/Chappel and again permission to do anything would have to be sought from them. As this was not our composition and therefore there would be no financial benefit to ATF at all the incentive to do anything with this song ourselves is extremely low!

However, I would be more than interested to hear what you've created and promise that, if we like what we hear and think you could offer a remix on our new recordings that we own 100% of the copyright, you will be hearing from us!!

Thanks for the interest in ATF

Peter B

AFTER THE FIRE
PO BOX 8809
WEST MERSEA
CO5 8WY

Back to Top View Banksy's Profile Search for other posts by Banksy

maddog1331

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote maddog1331

Thank you for the information, I will contact you on this.

Back to Top View maddog1331's Profile Search for other posts by maddog1331

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version